Postdoctoral Associate: Yale School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA, 2015-2019
Ph.D: Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad, 2008-2015
- Borah S., Thaller D, Hakhverdyan Z, King MC, Rout MP, Lusk CP. Heh2/MAN1 is an evolutionarily conserved sensor of NPC scaffold assembly state. (Manuscript in preparation)
- Thaller DJ, Allegretti M, Borah S., Ronchi P, Beck M, Lusk CP (2019) An ESCRT-LEM protein surveillance system is poised to directly monitor the nuclear envelope and nuclear transport system. eLife. 3;8. pii: e45284. 3. Chalfant M, Barber KW, Borah S., Thaller D, Lusk CP (2019) Expression of TorsinA in a heterologous yeast system reveals interactions with lumenal domains of LINC and nuclear pore complex components. Mol Biol Cell. 30(5):530-541.
- Bhakt P, Shivarathri R, Choudhary DK, Borah S., Kaur R (2018) Fluconazole-induced actin cytoskeleton remodeling requires phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate 5-kinase in the pathogenic yeast Candida glabrata. Mol Microbiol. 110(3):425-443.
- Webster BM, Thaller DJ, Jäger J, Ochmann SE, Borah S., Lusk CP (2016) Chm7 and Heh1 collaborate to link nuclear pore complex quality control with nuclear envelope sealing. EMBO J. 35:2447-2467
- Borah S., Shivarathri, R., Srivastava, V. K., Ferrari, S., Sanglard, D., and Kaur, R. (2014) Pivotal role for a tail subunit of the RNA polymerase II mediator complex Cgmed2 in azole toleranceand adherence in Candida glabrata. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy 58, 5976-5986
- Rai, M. N., Borah S., Bairwa, G., Balusu, S., Gorityala, N., and Kaur, R. (2013) Establishment of an in vitro system to study intracellular behavior of Candida glabrata in human THP-1 macrophages. Journal of visualized experiments: JoVE 82, e50625
- Borah S., Shivarathri, R., and Kaur, R. (2011) The Rho1 GTPase-activating protein CgBem2 is required for survival of azole stress in Candida glabrata. The Journal of biological chemistry 286, 34311-34324
- Ramteke, A., Hasnu, S., Borah S., and Das, R. K. (2007) In vitro study of DPPH radical scavenging activity of leaf extracts of Physalis minima Linn. ICFAI Journal of biotechnology 1,50-54
- Ramteke, A., Prashad, S. B., Kumar, S., Borah S., and Das, R. K. (2007) Leaf extract of Phogacanthus tubiflorus Nees. modulates glutathione level in CCl4 treated chicken lymphocytes. Journal of Assam science society 47, 20-24
RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
Postdoctoral Research September 2015-2019
Dept. of Cell Biology (Supervisor- Dr. C. Patrick Lusk)
Yale School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Ph. D. July 2008 – February 2015
Laboratory of Fungal Pathogenesis (Supervisor – Dr. Rupinder Kaur)
Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad, affiliated to MAHE, Manipal, India
Thesis title: A molecular analysis of antifungal drug susceptibility in the human opportunistic pathogen Candida glabrata
Industrial training (R&D) November 2007 – April 2008
Zenotech Laboratories Limited. Hyderabad, India
Conducted by the Biotech Consortium India Limited
Project title: Cloning and optimization of induction conditions for CaM (calmodulin) in Escherichia coli
M. Sc. August 2005 – July 2007
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Tezpur University, Assam, India
Project title: Assessment of DPPH scavenging activity of leaf extracts of plants Physalis minima Linn. and Phlogacanthus tubiflorus Nees.
RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
2010-2013: Senior Research Fellowship from Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
2009: Qualified the Eligibility for Lectureship (NET) test conducted by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, India.
2008-2010: Junior Research Fellowship from Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
2005-2007: Availed fellowship from Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, for M.Sc.-Molecular biology and Biotechnology course.
CONFERENCES & POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- Poster presented at the “ASCB-EMBO” meeting held at Philadelphia, USA, December 2017
- Poster presented at the “Northeast nuclear envelope meeting” held at Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA, September 2017
- Poster presented at the “20 Years of CDR1 Research” conference held at New Delhi, India, January 2014.
- Poster presented at the “8th International Conference on Yeast Biology” held at IMTECH, Chandigarh, India, December 2013.
- Poster presented at the “Cell Biology of Yeast” conference held at CSHL, New York, USA, November 2013.
- Poster presented at the “International Conference on Yeast Biology” held at IIT, Mumbai, India, December 2011.
- Poster presented at the “Biology of Yeasts and Filamentous Fungi” conference held at CCMB, Hyderabad, India, December 2009.
- Poster presented at the “Mechanism of Microbial Pathogenesis” conference held at IISC, Bangalore, India, March 2009.
Participated in a three-day “Science and Communication Workshop (SciComm)” organized by Wellcome trust DBT India Alliance on effective presentation skills, grants writing, manuscript writing, and research ethics held at Hyderabad, India, in March 2013.